Gastite Compression Fitting
Gastite Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing
Gastite is a reliable, cost-effective system that can be installed in all modes of construction: residential, commercial and industrial; new construction and retrofits. Gastite corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) system can be used for installations of natural gas and LPG. Simple hand tools such as tubing cutters, wrenches and utility knives are all that are needed to work with the Gastite component.
Featuring its patented multi-point seal, the XR2 fitting’s sealing surface does not sit on the cut end of the tubing, so even the most unsightly cut will yield a tight seal. The XR2 fitting is also reduced in size and requires minimal torque, making the installation of larger sizes considerably easier. With no o-rings or gaskets, the reusable brass components provide a reliable metal-to-metal installation.
Features & Benefits:
- Flexibility means quick and easy installations. Gastite installs 30-70% faster than traditional piping methods.
- Pre-marked by the metre, there’s no measuring, rigid pipe cutting or threading. This means less waste and fewer fittings.
- 75% fewer fittings in the average installation means a safer system, less leak potential and reduced callbacks.
- Gastite CSST is lightweight – 75 metres of DN15 weighs approximately 22 kilos and can be easily transported and handled on the job.
- Custom lengths of tubing and job-specific accessories for those large and multi-family projects can be easily obtained by a simple telephone call.
Codes & Specifications:
Recognized as a fuel gas piping material since 1988, The Gastite corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) system can be used for installations of natural gas and LPG.
The system is approved under the BS Kitemark numbers KM 635796 & KM 587681. The approval was made in accordance with BS 7838:1996 Corrugated stainless steel semi-rigid pipe & associated fittings for low pressure gas pipework of up to DN50. BS EN 15266:2007 Corrugated stainless steel tubing in building for gas with an operating pressure up to 0.5 bar.