PN10 Backing Ring
Durapipe ABS SuperFlo Metric
Durapipe SuperFLO - plastic piping system for air conditioning, chilled or boosted cold water applications and other environmental control systems.
Durapipe SuperFLO is lightweight and the pipes remain extremely tough and durable even at water temperatures as low as -40ºC.
The complete pipework system which is manufactured from an ABS material incorporates pipes, fittings and valves. It offers a 50-year service life as well as numerous benefits that alternative pipework materials cannot provide. These include reduced installation costs via a fast solvent-weld jointing procedure, low maintenance costs due to its limescale and corrosion resistance properties as well as being extremely lightweight making the product much easier to handle on-site.
Durapipe SuperFLO is available in sizes ranging from 16mm – 315mm.
- Air Conditioning
- Chilled water
- Boosted Cold Water
Key Product Features
- Ductile down to minus 40°C
- 50 year design life
- Reduced installation costs
- Corrosion and impact resistant
- White solvent cement for visual indication
Key Product Information
- Size Range - 16mm to 315mm
- Pressure Rating - PN10
- Temperature rating -40°C to 70°C
SuperFLO ABS Metric Dimensions and Standards
The SuperFLO ABS Metric System is manufactured generally in accordance with the relevant international standards as shown below:
- ISO 15493
- KIWA 49 and 549
- DIN 8062 and 8063
Threaded fittings conform to the requirements of BS 21/DIN 2999/ISO7.
Socket dimensions of SuperFLO ABS Metric fittings forsolvent welding comply with ISO/DIS 727-1.
SuperFLO ABS material is UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme approved for cold water services and is listed in the Water Fittings and Materials Directory.
SuperFLO ABS formulation does not contain any harmful metallic stabilisers.
Gaskets and O-Ring seals are made from EPDM except where stated otherwise.
Interchangeability: Components in the imperial and metric ranges are not interchangeable, except for 21/2"/ 75mm and 5"/140mm.
- SuperFLO ABS Metric series pipe and fittings are UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme approved for cold water services.
- SuperFLO ABS One-step solvent cement is UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme approved.
- SuperFLO ABS Imperial/Metric VKD and VKR ball valves are UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme approved.
Durapipe Metric pipework is approved for various non-essential services on board ships by:
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Bureau Veritas
- Germanischer Lloyd
- Det Norske Veritas
- Lloyds REgister of Shipping
Other Available Literature