Adaptor with Male Thread and Plain End
Geberit Mapress Copper
Geberit Mapress Copper is especially suited for potable water installations as well as for open and closed heating and cooling circuits. There are special fittings available for gas installations, as well as solar and industrial applications.
Thanks to the pressing technology, installations can be carried out reliably and quickly without complex welding and soldering.
In addition to copper pressfittings, the Geberit Mapress Copper product range includes fittings made of gunmetal and brass.
Benefits of Geberit Mapress Copper
- Lower labour costs in comparison to conventional connection technology
- Extremely suitable for renovation of living areas
- Seal rings are protected from dirt
- No danger of fire as no welding or soldering necessary
- Unpressed connections are easily identified
- It is easy to distinguish between product materials using the indicator colours
- Application ranges are easily identified by the plug colours
- No danger of confusion with third-party products
- No consumables such as oxygen or gas required
- Simple connection technology
- Can be used for surface-mounted and concealed installations
- Meets the requirements of DVGWW270 regarding microbiological safety
- More than 30 years of practical experience in pressing technology
The 6 stage pressing process:
- Cut and deburr the pipe
- Mark the insertion depth on the pipe
- Prepare the fitting
- Insert the pipe in to the fitting
- Press with the appropriate jaw or collar
- Remove the pressing indicator
Check you are using the correct material for the required application. Ensure you are using the correct pipe for Geberit Mapress Copper. BS EN 1057 copper pipe is suitable to press with Geberit Mapress Copper fittings. Please see the Geberit Mapress Installation Guide for more information.
Use the correct tooling
Always check that you are using the correct tools, this can be checked in the Geberit Tooling Product Guide and Price List. Make sure that the tools you are using are in a good condition and are calibrated. There should be a sticker on the tool, jaws, collars and adapters to tell you when the tool next needs calibrating.