Geberit Mapress Carbon Steel
Geberit Mapress Carbon Steel is especially suited for closed heating and cooling circuits. For solar and industrial installations, there is a special range of fittings available.
Thanks to the pressing technology, installations can be carried out reliably and quickly without complex welding and soldering.
There are three types of Carbon Steel pipe available; externally galvanised for closed heating and industrial applications, plastic coated for chilled water applications, and internally and externally galvanised pipe made specifically for wet sprinkler systems.
Click here for Technical Brochure
Benefits of Geberit Mapress Carbon Steel
- Lower labour costs in comparison to conventional connection technology
- Extremely suitable for renovation of living areas
- Seal rings are protected from dirt
- No danger of fire as no welding or soldering necessary
- Unpressed connections are easily identified
- It is easy to distinguish between product materials using the
- indicator colours
- Application ranges are easily identified by the plug colours
- No danger of confusion with third-party products
- No consumables such as oxygen or gas required
- Simple connection technology
- Can be used for surface-mounted and concealed installations
Variety of pipes
- Three types of Carbon Steel pipe to suit different applications, including plastic coated for chilled applications
- More than 30 years of practical experience in pressing technology
The 6 stage pressing process:
- Cut and deburr the pipe
- Mark the insertion depth on the pipe
- Prepare the fitting
- Insert the pipe in to the fitting
- Press with the appropriate jaw or collar
- Remove the pressing indicator
Check you are using the correct material for the required application. Only Geberit Mapress system pipes are suitable to press Geberit Mapress Carbon Steel fittings. To adapt on to existing or dissimilar materials you must use a threaded connection.
Use the correct tooling
Always check that you are using the correct tools, this can be checked in the Geberit Tooling Product Guide and Price List. Make sure that the tools you are using are in a good condition and are calibrated. There should be a sticker on the tool, jaws, collars and adapters to tell you when the tool next needs calibrating.